1.2K views

I have been unemployed for a little over a year. I had decided to take on online program with UoP and after two weeks discovered that I was teaching myself. I explained to the counselor (aka sales rep) that I was having problems with the pace early on but was told to keep on. After week 4, I decided to withdraw from the course. The representative called and; in so many words, told me I was a loser. I got repeated phone calls from other representatives and finally, the financial counselor. Before the class actually began, this person never returned my calls to answer questions about the status of my loan. But after withdrawing, she called me and emailed me everyday. Plus stated that my account now goes into collections after 10 days from withdrawal.

Long story short, I now have an employment opportunity that requests my official transcripts from the Master's program I completed at UoP, but I still have not paid the $1600+ (overpriced for teaching myself and down-loadable books that I have to print off) for the class I was not satisfied with from day two. I explained that they can get payment once I secured this job – but they did not care. I would not recommend this school to no one, unless you prefer being treated like a "closed sale" and not the student seeking to improve.

They are like the AMEX and Bank of America's in today's world who does not care about consumers and jacks up your interest rate from 4 percent to 32 percent if you are one day late. UoP called me constantly after I asked for more information (website link), pressure me into a sale or program that's a "not met" in terms of delivery, and but turn their back on you once you ask for help with getting through your situations. Instead of helping - they add to the problems of our economy. So what's higher about this education but the cost?

Review about: University Of Phoenix Program.

Had an Experience with University Of Phoenix?

Comments

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #973865

Well after sis years of completions I had a job call and verify my degree and they were told that I did not graduate. So I called and was told that I was short 24 credits.

When I first tried UOP I did have a hard time, I just didn't know what to expect. Long story short I drop out but went back about one year later and have graduated with flying colors. For any one during research "UOP IS NOT A DIPLOMA MILL" you will have to work for it.

to UOP military grad Whittier, California, United States #841046

I agree, it is not a diploma mill, however the University of Phoenix will accept anyone.

Also, when applying for jobs, there will be other applicants from more reputable Universities and you will most likely not be hired.

So, in this aspect, University of Phoenix is a waste of time, in my opinion.

UOP Sucks.I was coerced into enrolling through a military enrollment counselor at an event for my real job.

It sounded great at first. They can give you credits for on the job training and the schedule will be around your work. ***. If you are not someone who wants to be a teacher and looking on how to learn to teach then this is not for you.

I think anyone who completes a degree program from phoenix should be looked at as a great candidate for a job because phoenix is a hard program with no faculty assistance. They told me when I signed up that a ground campus was to be built withing 6 months allowing for peer to peer tutorials, help with online classes, and dual classes that are part online and part classroom.

Almost two years later and not even a groundbreaking ceremony.I will be glad to get my piece of paper and only hope it will transfer to the local community college that I should have attended in the first place

to current student Raven Houston, Texas, United States #661171

I completly agree, being military too I got suckered into their marketing schemes to get vets and max out their GI Bills..but yeah like people will say, do your research...now I know, never again.While they are pretty well organized and the instructors were not too bad, the fees and cost is insane once I took out much more time investigating local schools who offered online options after I chose to go with Phoenix..

yeah its hundreds just to download a pdf course work from them!Madness..

to current student Raven Whittier, California, United States #841055

Exactly!!!!

They will tell you anything to enroll you.

It`s a complete lie and a complete joke.

The UOP credits are completely non-transferable when these students wake up and try enrolling into a real University.

I was accepted to Arizona State University and after it was all said and done, I could not transfer even a single credit from UOP (1 year wasted).

The UOP courses are designed to pass even the worst student.The courses are actually half courses....the instructors at UOP online are required to have a degree from another University(yes, that`s right....UOP does not even accept their own degree).

The bottom line...save yourselves the time, money and anguish and enroll in a real University.

There is a list of legitimate online Universities that I found online.I narrowed my search to two different Universities and have attended Arizona State University for the past year and I am completely satisfied.

I am currently a student at UOP.I am also a veteran.

I have 100% VA benefits. I had to submit my Letter of eligibility in order to enroll in UOP. Enrolling took a month longer then it should have,because first they did not spell my name right when they were sending for my transcripts from the other colleges. So, it took an extra week to do that.

Then the college I received my associates degree in they wanted to wait until I started class to evaluate my transcripts. I told them that that was not going to happen. I had over 40 credits coming from that college. Are they stoned?

Now, I am having to fight with them to send my stuff up to VA. I submitted the paperwork, and the conversation went like this: Me: I am gonig to foward you a letter that my academic advisor sent me from UOP sent me with my LOE! Her: Oh, wait now I found it. No need to worry we will have this paid.

Huh?? So, I let it go. Here it is 2 weeks later and my debt is still not cleared off of my student website. Another thing is these Teams??

I don't know who they allow into this college, but some of them are not the brightest. They want everything handed to them. I have one guy who says no matter what he tries he can not find any articles on a subject. So what do I do as team leader?

I have tried giving him ideas that work for me. He says nothing works. So what am I suspossed to do?

Do, I let the entire team suffer or do I do the research for him and...

Mount Carbon, West Virginia, United States #326492

I recently withdrew form the University of Phoenix due to the excessive cost of their bachelors and transfer to CSU Online.I was told repeatedly the last class I was taking would be covered by my financial aid but that they had to refigure my aid package.

Now that I am done with the class, they now have canceled my financial aid, leaving me with an outstanding balance due for the class and returned funds.

I had no problem with the school other than the usual unable to get a response for a day or two as well as the annual increases in fees up until this point.If anyone is to consider Univeristy of Phoenix, remember that the cost will increase significantly for your bachelors classes and that you will see a tuition increase annually.

I am currently a student of the UOP and their web site has been having a lot of problems I have not been able to log in and when I am able it kicks me out.Also my new set of classes were to start today and for some reason they are not starting until next Monday and I when I called I ended up getting into with my financial advisor because she told me that they did not have a problem with their website and that I needed to find a way to deal with it.

This is ***.

My classes are not even there so how in the heck am I suppose to do my classes.I would NOT reccomend the UOP to anyone!