144 views
1.5

I signed up for Business Classes after being told I would qualify for Government Subsidy if I applied with Phoenix University. I applied completed the application with UOP and was told that I needed to change my High School information to graduated since I did not have a high school diploma.

I did that and was approved. They walked me through what I needed to do. I started classes but got no support from professors. Had one trainer who was rude and asked me if I could read.

This was in 2007-**** and a lot of the issues I don't remember but I remember that. Although even without the support of the educators I still held a 3.8 GPA and it dropped from 4.0 due to that one female professor who gave me a 0 on a project for not turning it in and I had proof that I did submit it. She would not even discuss looking for it, offered no feedback other than I was out of luck. It was after that I dropped out.

Then I got a letter they added 4200 plus to what I owed and said I had to pay them directly not even sure what that was for since it was at the end of a semester. Then a long time later I started getting letters about the student loans and I saw the 4200 was added as a separate loan. I know I made numerous calls at the time to a company called ACS and the University and got know where. ACS also had a lot of misinformation and I decided 4 years ago to ask Great Lakes to buy it out and consolidate the 2 loans that had been split.

I have been financially wiped out providing home hospice care for my aged and ailing mother from 2010 till she passed away in 2017. I still have not recovered and have been on a forgiveness plan with Great Lakes with interest continuing to accrue. I am 60 years old and have no idea where I would get this money. In addition, that partial time at University of Phoenix did nothing to benefit me at all employment wise.

Was a waste of time and money.

It is only now I was told about all the complaints about UOP I was shocked actually that the issues the same and similar to mine have been consistent with them from when I first got involved with them. I don't understand why nothing can be done. There has to be an issue with so many complaints over the course of more than 12 years in numerous states.

Why is no one looking into this.? People are incurring tens of thousands of dollars in lifelong debt and getting little to nothing, that a University is being well paid for, out if it.

Product or Service Mentioned: University Of Phoenix Program.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: To wipe out the debt since there was little service provided or any benefit to me.

University Of Phoenix Cons: Buyer beware should be their motto.

Comments