1.5

I was a single mother of three that stayed home with her children until they began school. In 2010 I decided since the kids were in school now, I wanted to get my Associates degree in education -with concentration of special education, specials needs.This is ONLY a 2 YEAR degree but was required for me to get an assistant teaching job in our County school system.

I was not familiar with colleges so i called upon Phoenix University for their online classes. After giving them my income information which was ZERO dollars at the time and my household info. I was told my EFC (expected family contribution) was zero and I would receive grants and other financial aid programs that would pay for my schooling. The only money I knew that I would be responsible for paying back were the loan checks I received every 3 months that were for monies over and above the charges for my classes.

After graduating, I spent a yr, unemployed, waiting for my job position to become available. I got the position the following yr and I love my job although the pay in NC for teachers in VERY LOW. I am NOW in a position to where I HAVE to find a home for myself and my children due to faulty electrical wiring and a few other issues, in our current home, BUT upon getting my credit pulled for a mortgage I found out I owe Phoenix University $51,000 for the 2 yr degree that wasnt supposed to cost me anything.NO HOME FOR ME AND MY SONS with this on my credit!!!Even if I was to pay these false charges, my monthly payments would be close to 800.a month so DTI is way over and that would be more than a mortgage payment. NO WAY will I ever pay back this loan that I was told I will not have.,..

Phoenix University is a BIG LIE, SCAM and I am Positive that I am NOT the only person/family they have Caused to be homeless , stressed out and RUINED credit for Life. BTW: My oldest son is now a senior at 4 yr NC University, studying Education as his major and Sociology as his minor (2 degrees), he lives on campus, has a meal plan paid for , and Is Graduating this December ONLY Owing $31,000 for his entire College Education, living expenses etc...

Phoenix University OWES me and many others , MONEY for damages done to credit, false advertisements, false financial aid claims and hope given to those who relied on them for help in getting financial aid and a degree. UNFORTUNATE I do not make enough money to hire an attorney to fight this University, if I did , I would so my sons and I could have a safe home to live in.

This reviewer shared experience about "false information. financial aid scam" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). JenniferB27 is overall dissatisfied with University Of Phoenix. The most disappointing about university of phoenix financial aid service at University Of Phoenix was lies and deceit, management and unpleasant tech support Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about University Of Phoenix.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Universities, Colleges and Schools category for more informed decision or compare University Of Phoenix to other companies on our site.

Comments