I was a single mother of three that stayed home with her children until they began school. In 2010 I decided since the kids were in school now, I wanted to get my Associates degree in education -with concentration of special education, specials needs.This is ONLY a 2 YEAR degree but was required for me to get an assistant teaching job in our County school system.

I was not familiar with colleges so i called upon Phoenix University for their online classes. After giving them my income information which was ZERO dollars at the time and my household info. I was told my EFC (expected family contribution) was zero and I would receive grants and other financial aid programs that would pay for my schooling. The only money I knew that I would be responsible for paying back were the loan checks I received every 3 months that were for monies over and above the charges for my classes.

After graduating, I spent a yr, unemployed, waiting for my job position to become available. I got the position the following yr and I love my job although the pay in NC for teachers in VERY LOW. I am NOW in a position to where I HAVE to find a home for myself and my children due to faulty electrical wiring and a few other issues, in our current home, BUT upon getting my credit pulled for a mortgage I found out I owe Phoenix University $51,000 for the 2 yr degree that wasnt supposed to cost me anything.NO HOME FOR ME AND MY SONS with this on my credit!!!Even if I was to pay these false charges, my monthly payments would be close to 800.a month so DTI is way over and that would be more than a mortgage payment. NO WAY will I ever pay back this loan that I was told I will not have.,..

Phoenix University is a BIG LIE, SCAM and I am Positive that I am NOT the only person/family they have Caused to be homeless , stressed out and RUINED credit for Life. BTW: My oldest son is now a senior at 4 yr NC University, studying Education as his major and Sociology as his minor (2 degrees), he lives on campus, has a meal plan paid for , and Is Graduating this December ONLY Owing $31,000 for his entire College Education, living expenses etc...

Phoenix University OWES me and many others , MONEY for damages done to credit, false advertisements, false financial aid claims and hope given to those who relied on them for help in getting financial aid and a degree. UNFORTUNATE I do not make enough money to hire an attorney to fight this University, if I did , I would so my sons and I could have a safe home to live in.

Product or Service Mentioned: University Of Phoenix Financial Aid Service.

Reason of review: FALSE INFORMATION. Financial Aid Scam.

I didn't like: Lies and deceit, Management, Unpleasant tech support.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 05, 2016.

Comments