Cana, Virginia
1.3K views 301 comments

To whom it may concern:

All you students out there that have had problems with University of Phoenix online taking your money and miss using it or charging you for classes that you did not take and having to pay back all that money.I am trying to obtain a Class Action Against them.

I need to know everyone that wants to be part of it. Feel free to email me at mkizer@triad.rr.com and I will see what I can get going or if you have attorney that you have already obtain.

Please email regarding this matter so I may also get involved.Someone has to start with getting the ball rolling or they will keep doing this.

Review about: Class Action.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $8000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with University Of Phoenix?

Comments

Vroom
Los Angeles, California, United States #1144393

I owe 188,000 I can not afford to pay back

My question is what is going to be done about all the time spent at this school for an so called education and how about all the overtime I missed at work because I was a full time student not to mention the tuition

University of Phoenix screwed me over as well.I was taking a science class and they didn't even bother to tell me I had failed the class until it was over,I had tried contacting the teacher several times,and she did get back to me she said I was doing good.

After the class ended the administrator contacted me to tell me I had to pay for the class,and no it was $1000 and I asked if I could make payments,they told me they would just take it out of my grants. Well during the conversation I asked if I could switch my major,they told me yes and asked what I wanted to switch from,I was taking billing and medical coding and I wanted to do social work instead and I asked if I could switch to that and they told me they only had Human resources and I said I know that you have the human services/social services classes and they told me no and they were real ignorant to me.

I had to drop out and I can't go back to school now because I owe 16,000$ in grants and I'd give anything to go back but because Phoenix didn't want me taking the course I wanted I got screwed.That school is not worth going too.

to Anonymous #1057731

I didn't put my name, however I'm Tiffany and I live in ohio,I would love to be apart of this lawsuit.

fowler121600

my daughter signed up for UOP during the summer and started attending this fall.she completed her assignments and received grades on them and then received an email that she needed to pay them what her pell grant and loans did not.

she then applied for another loan to pay them. they told her they were direct depositing her money but needed her to send it right back to them asap to cover costs...anyone see anything wrong with that?!!!

now, she logs on and sees that they have withdrawn her from her classes and it now says she was never enrolled and never attended class; she had A's in all classes.I am really ticked and would like to be added and contacted on this matter; we would LOVE to be a member of the class action suit.

A. Middleton
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States #720990

All of you using the U.S.Federal Government to attend school that you never intend on completing.

You simply wanted the leftover financial aid.

So now you are going to sue for money you never worked for.What a crock of $@&@!

Serpent
Bay City, Michigan, United States #677256

Can someone please help me too? I am having problems with the University of Phoenix and I need to know who to contact so I can take action against them....thank you! "itsjanedoe420@yahoo.com

antwan

I also attended university of phoenix online a few year a go and thought i was the only one getting badly ripped off, im more then interested in joining this class action of a lawsuit...please let me join in as im in debt over my head dealing with this university...i wasent even qualified to join by law since i did not finish high school and my last level of completion was the 9th grade and my enrollment counselor knew this and still kelp quiet about it and enrolled me with no problem at all. I feel as though for that act alone i should not be held responsible for repaying anything and i also feel as though i should be reimbursed in a sense because my credit took a nice blow over this......please let me join this lawsuit, my email address is spacecoast32922@yahoo.com ..................thanks

Kristie

To Whom It May Concern,

I currently withdrew from the University of Phoenix. I had scheduled to withdraw following the 5th week of my last class but I had to miss that class due to an illness that required my daughter to visit the hospital (MRSA/STAFF). I was told the absence would be excused if I followed their directions and I did. Then UOP apparently decided the absence would not be excused and changed my status to withdraw. I had maintained an A in that class, so it wasn't because I was not a good student.

I had planned on transferring to Western Governor's University but UOP decided to sent back my federal loan money and make me accountable to UOP to pay for the class they dropped me from. From what I understand with the Higher Education Act, UOP does not have the right to break that contract between the Federal Student Loan Program and myself. Now that they say I owe them money, they are already threatening sending my account to collections and it has not even been thirty days since I withdrew/was dropped from the class. UOP is withholding my transcripts until my account is paid as well.. which means not only will I have to start over, I am still going to be out the thousands of dollars in student loans because of their tactics.

The below information is what I read on a legal document filed in a suit against UOP already.

UOP's act of returning federal loan money for educational services rendered is neither mandated nor warranted...

By returning a student's loan money to the lender, UOP effectively pays off that student's loan,eliminating the student's contractual obligation with their lender. Rather than eradicating the debt on their books, UOP then seeks to collect directly from the student the amount owed for tuition that it should have satisfied with federal loan money. In addition to the fact that UOP had no right to interfere with a contract between a student and a third party lender, UOP also does not have the right to seek a payment directly from a student, who has chosen, with UOP's assistance, to pay for his or her education by using federal loans. Doing so deprives students of the benefits of the terms on which they borrowed money and saddles them with an immediate debt and payment terms which were never acceded to by the student by contract or otherwise. Unsuspecting students are routinely bombarded with calls, lettters and emails from UOP to collect tuition along with threats that refusal to pay wil result in referral to collection agencies and negative reports on their credit. When UOP chooses to extinguish the loan debt, it does not give UOP the right to directly collect from the student.

( I have filed a grievance, contacted my senator and state representative, The Dept of Education and I'm not stopping until they clear my account and send me my official transcript..they are bad business. )

justsimplykristie@gmail.com

J. Moffitt

Had difficulties with UOP.They have paid fines for fraud and misuse of student funds...what do we get back to help repay the student loans that were funds being misused?

I too had problems with owing extra money every 3rd or 4th class...I put my education on hold to serve in the military and tried to re-enroll on the military side of UOP (which is less expensive)...after four months of waiting, I saw a Western Governors University commercial, transferred my UOP credits, and now am attending my commencement on Nov 10th where my BS in Management degree will be conferred By Western Governors University Texas.

Not only would I like to see UOP have to repay some student loan money to STUDENTS or directly to the lenders to reduce loan balances students carry.I can be contacted via the email I have set up specifically for this topic jensuopemail@yahoo.com